Saturday, September 1, 2012

It's the little things...

Our first week of school went very well!  The boys had a good time and I worked pretty hard to stay on top of everything and be prepared.  It was such a great feeling to finish out the week knowing we had all done what we were supposed to do and as well as we should have done it!

Cub Scouts officially gets started next Tuesday.  Adam and I have been working hard on getting things ready for the boys.  He thinks I've been working a little too hard.  I have no problem admitting that I like to be in control of things...and I think he is feeling like I'm taking over.  :)  Oops.  I'm not.  I just want to get the information part--the business stuff--done and communicated to the parents.  I want him to do the fun stuff with the kids.  Of course, I'll be taking over those duties in a few weeks while he's away.

Yesterday we got to do some shopping.  We had to run down the Scout store and pick up a new uniform for Adisson.  He's outgrown his blue shirt and I wasn't buying another blue shirt for him to wear for six months and then spending the money for a tan shirt.  Scout clothes are NOT cheap.  As a matter of fact, I'd NEVER spend $25 on ONE shirt for him to wear.  Then we ran to the grocery store...all five of us.  :)  Fortunately, my boys were very well behaved and since Adam was with us, we were in and out in less than an hour.  That man means business when we're grocery shopping...you either want it or you don't.  :)

Last night, Adam and I got to go out on a date!  It's been awhile and we weren't even sure what to do. We ended up having some Japanese and doing some shopping.  It was nice to be able to have some time alone without the kids.  It doesn't happen too often.  :)

Today, I'm hoping to take the kids to see a movie and then Adisson is going to spend the night at a friend's house.  Not just any friend...his best friend ever!! :)  We're hoping to do something super fun with Zander when he gets home, I just haven't decided what that is yet. :)

Tomorrow, we have a HUGE party to attend!!  We are pretty excited!  Then, yard clean up on Monday.  Back to school on Tuesday and so will start another week of work! :)

No comments: